Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our first doctor appointment



(Yes, I know this is not the best picture...still very new at the blogging thing and someone must give me a lesson on how to scan in pictures??)

This is a picture of our little Lima bean, nicknamed "Cletus the fetus" from our 9 week checkup back on January 26th. Derek and I were nervous and anxious going into this appointment. I think Derek was somewhat nervous because he was the only male in the waiting room full of women. So, to his relief when another young couple walked in, he felt much better.

They called us back to the room and I did the usual, change clothes, etc. All Derek could do was stare at the stirrups and say "Oh, my gosh, you have to put your legs in those"?? He had the most terrified look on his face, kind of hilarious. Dr. Nokleberg came in with the sonogram machine and got right to work. My heart was pounding, because I was so afraid that there may not be a heartbeat (product of reading pregnancy books). When she flashed the picture of Cletus on the screen, and I saw the little heart beating...I was so relieved. Although, I looked back at Derek and he had this totally confused look on his face, turning his head side to side (she pointed out the head, arms, legs, etc. for him). Dr. Nokleberg measured the baby and said Cletus was right on track for 9 weeks!! We were so relieved that everything so far looks okay. Having this appointment made everything so much more real, and we are so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment