Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bluebonnets and a 1980's flashback!

To honor a tradition my mother started many years ago with my sister and I, we decided to take Miss J to have her pictures taken in the bluebonnets.  I am pretty sure Derek is happy this day is over with, because I talked about taking these pictures all week, he was a good sport though.  I told him that if he wanted to have his picture taken with Jocelyn in the bluebonnets he would need to wear something nice (not his A&M basketball shorts and a t-shirt) I was tthinking in my head there is no way he would actually clean up and put on something nice at 8AM on Saturday morning... I was wrong!  He actually put on a nice polo and fixed his hair.  So cute!  Too bad he never gets fixed up like that for me ;)

I think I have also mentioned in a previous post that my mother not only liked to annually take our pictures in the bluebonnets....we also had to either "dress alike or coordinate" CHEEZY!  Ugh!  I think I have been scarred for life because of this.  While, yes, I know it is cute...but seriously....I had to put my foot down when I started 7th grade (seriously...ask Blaire).  Have no fear, I fully intend to make my children color coordinate or match too.  As my mother taught me...do unto others as you would have them do unto you...right?!?  Another memory about the bluebonnets....My mom would always tell me to "NOT" pick the bluebonnets because the police would come and get me?!?  Thinking about it now...that is really mean, I have never picked a bluebonnet since.  Thanks, Mom!

I had a blast flipping through some old photos of Blaire and I in the bluebonnets, and thought I would share some as well as the ADORABLE pictures we took of Miss J.

 1982
 1982, my first bluebonnet picture
 1987-notice the "matching" dresses
 1988- notice the "coordinating" dresses
1989- I don't even know what to say about this one.  I am extremely embarrassed that I was seen out in public wearing this number. 











2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of you and Bob in the 80s!!! SO CUTE!

    And the pictures of Jocelyn with you and Derek in the bluebonnets are excellent. Y'all got some really good ones! Definitely a tradition from now on...sorry, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked comments to say the exact same thing about the picture of you and your dad in 1982. Such a good picture. And even better when you think about how they couldn't look at what they were taking--had to wait until they developed the film!!! Good mama for dragging you out there every year. Have a feeling you'll be just as good, whether Miss J likes it or not. Love all the pictures. Miss J is presh.

    ReplyDelete