Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Thursday, September 16, 2010

2 week check up

On Wednesday, I took Jocelyn in for her two week check up.  We are going to Dr. Fernandez, which conveniently is where Jocelyn's Grandma Joyce works!  She was like a celebrity.  Everyone wanted to see her, love on her and give her kisses.  Everything checked out great, here are her stats:

Weight: 8lbs 9oz, 55%
Head: 14in, 55%
Length: 20 3/4 in, 75%

I must admit, I was incredibly stressed out about this big trip to the doctor.  I am certain that I over packed.    Before the doctor, I wanted to stop off at Target to get a couple of things.  Right before we left, I fed Jocelyn, changed her and put her in her super cute outfit.  I said a little prayer that she would not spit up on her super cute outfit.  Of course, my worst nightmare happened.  We were in Target, I look over, and blehhh...spit up all over the car seat, and her super cute outfit....sigh!  So much for that, at least we tried.  Nobody seemed to care though when we got to the doctor.  Here are a few pictures from the big visit.

Miss J wasn't up for the picture? Grandma Joyce, Ann & Debra


Debra was so nervous to do the PKU test on Jocelyn for fear of her remembering her as the "mean nurse".  I promised Debra that Jocelyn forgives her for the heel prick, and still loves her!


WARNING: (Yes, she really is that small, and Yes, the bear really is that BIG)
On Monday, Jocelyn's Uncle David and (soon to be) Aunt Mandi came by to meet her for the first time.  I opened the front door to find David standing there with this ginormous teddy bear and the biggest shit grin on his face.  I think he knew my reaction would be "Where am I going to put that thing?"  Of course he thought it was hilarious.  It really is a soft teddy bear and very comfortable to lay on!  Miss J wasn't too happy about the picture, but I think it will be neat to show how big she gets month to month in comparison to this ginormous teddy bear.  Thanks Uncle D and Aunt M!


4 Generations
Also, for the past week, Great Grandpa Freese ( Joyce's Dad) has been in town.  GG Freese and his dog Jake, drove all the way from Urbana, IL to meet his new great granddaughter.  He was a natural with her, held her, fed her and loved on her.  It is almost as if he has done this with 4 kids of his own!  :)  I am happy that Jocelyn got to meet her GG Freese!

3 comments:

  1. That bear is awesome! Gage wants to come over and climb on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breck!!! Dr. Fernandez was my pediatrician when I was growing up! My family has gone there FOREVER! Ann and Joyce were there too...how random! Next time you go mention the DuBois family! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from Megan DuBois by the way

    ReplyDelete