Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Sunday, June 27, 2010

THANK YOU!!!

On Saturday some dear friends of mine hosted a baby shower for me and Miss J. Marcy, Kim, Karley and Deni are friends that I know from all different parts of my life, but were able to come together and host the most beautiful, color coordinated, detail oriented shower ever!!

I wanted to say THANK YOU again to everyone who came, It meant so much to me. I felt like I didn't get to say thank you or talk to everyone as much as I would have liked, 2 hours just flies by so quickly. Jocelyn is so lucky and blessed, she doesn't even know it yet. :)

Here are a few pictures from the shower...



Kim's Dad, Steve, made this absolutely adorable stork. He assured me that he used 100% Sherwin Williams Paint! Thank you, Steve!



The flowers at the shower were absolutely beautiful (Thank you Kim). I definitely noticed all of the detail with the flowers, the river rock at the bottom, the colors and most importantly...my mom's favorite flowers (Lilly) were everywhere! It is times like this that make me miss her a lot, but seeing things that remind me of her make me smile.



This was a really cute idea too!



This was the first time I have seen Jocelyn's monogram on anything...very exciting!



This table was beautiful as well. You would almost think these ladies have thrown a shower before?? Just Kidding! The food was great! The fruit was nicely displayed in a watermelon that was carved out to look like a baby carriage...How cute! (Thanks Karley, you have mad skills!)



Yes, took pictures of the food. I am pregnant...I can't help it! Take a look at these precious cake balls. No, people, these are not from a bakery...my Suzie homemaker friend Kim (as if she has nothing else to do) made them from scratch, and decorated them. Too cute! Very tasty also! I am very thankful for the gallon size Ziploc bag of cake balls that they sent home with me. :)



A picture of the beautiful hostesses. Marcy, Karley,Kim and Deni





I just had to get a picture of all of the gifts once we got home. They covered both my dining room and kitchen table...and the floor.

Now, this last paragraph will make the most sense to those of you who were able to make it to the shower...

I am sure you are all somewhat terrified at the fact that I am about to become a mother, since I knew what absolutely nothing was called. I hope I was loads of entertainment for you all. I will have you know that when I showed Derek all of the presents, I pulled out the "moose" and he said " Oh, is that a donkey?". Looks like we both need to freshen up on the animal book. Once, again thank you everyone for coming. It was great to see some faces I don't get to see often. I am so thankful for all of the gifts...it "depends" my heart! (wink,wink).

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know, Breck, I put those letters in the frames. J/K. Glad you had a great time at the shower and looking forward to meeting the little one in a few months!
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete