Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Toby and the missing screw...

Derek and I decided to take on a nice Sunday afternoon project of assembling Jocelyn's changing and side table. I purchased both from Ikea, so as you know, they come in one million pieces. Once again, handy dandy Derek came to the rescue and put them together...and I was his assistant (A.K.A- I just watched).





The changing table is a little on the "tall" side, but I assured Derek that it would be the perfect height for him to change Miss J's diapers. (wink,wink)

Now, for the cute part of the story. We dumped the gigantic bag of nuts,bolts and screws onto the floor to make sense of them. I caught Toby once taking one of the pegs in his mouth and running out of the room ever so sneaky. I yelled at him, he came back and dropped the peg. Then, towards the end of the assembly, we were down just one screw. Hmmm...where could it be? We got the flashlight out and scavengered around the house looking in Toby's favorite hiding places. We did find the screw under our bed (along with some other missing items). I just had to take a picture of the little man, because who could be mad at this sweet face!!

2 comments:

  1. very cute story, and great job, Derek! Looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breck,
    It was nothing less than a miracle to see you today! You look terrific and I am so glad to have the address to your blogspot so that I can keep up with you all!!!!
    I must admit, I think Jan arranged our meeting!
    Love you!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete