Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Friday, July 1, 2011

We are Family!

Last weekend, we took our first "trip" with Jocelyn.  We went to the annual Bass Family Reunion.  Some people might think I am crazy, but I love my family.  They are so much fun to be around, we all get along, and we have a lot in common A.K.A....we love to drink! 

This year we rented some lake houses down in the Spicewood area of Austin off of Lake Travis.  Kudos to my sister Blaire for organizing the whole shindig.  The younger generation decided to take the reigns in the reunion plannin to attempt to find a location and activities that were friendly for people of all ages. 

Our house was BEAUTIFUL.  I would move into this house in a heartbeat, especially with this amazing patio and the view.  Unfortunately, the water was very low (lowest it has been in 20 years), so we couldn't use the dock. 

 Looking cool in her shades on the car ride to Austin
 The huge family room
 And Kitchen
 When you walked into the house you saw this beautiful view.  There were windows all across the back of the house.
Our patio was HUGE.  It was big enough to fit all 27 adults and 2 kids that were in attendance.


Jocelyn was checking out the view and wondering when I was going to let her out onto the patio so she could put things in her mouth

 Chilling on the couch
I thought it would be funny to take a picture of this because at one point our fridge reminded me of Derek's fridge when he was in college.  Beer and meat....
Exploring the back patio


 Sitting with Cousin Cameron, who is "Safe Sitter" certified.  We took full advantage of that!
 I put this picture on the blog for two reasons #1: It shows how big the deck is and that it accommodated our entire family and #2: I have no idea what my sister is doing?!? Staring off into space, or really confused?

 Jocelyn was a big hit at the local mexican restaurant.  She is a total flirt and managed to reel in this little guy named Hendrix....his dad had a nose ring if that gives you any indication to their family dynamic.  Wink, wink.
 The ladies took a trip to the local vineyard for a wine tasting.  I really don't remember why we all thought it was a good idea to pop our knees?  I guess we look cute and that is all that matters. 
 Hanging out with cousin Jessica. 
 I thought this picture was so sweet and had to post.  This is my Aunt Kay who is in desperate need of a grandchild ( Come on now, Matt and Vicky!!).  All of my Aunts gave Jocelyn so many hugs and kisses.  She and I are both so lucky to have such loving and caring Aunt's.
 Picture me saying this with my eyes rolling.  Every year the guys have the annual "golf tournament".  This is a HUGE deal.  We are talking teams, shit talking and of course a trophy.  Well, this is a picture of the winning team, Derek, Uncle Bill, Uncle Jim and Cousin Forest.  Good job guys!
This picture was on the way home from the reunion.  Is she flexible or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment