Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Derek, Breck, Jocelyn & Grayson

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Valentines Day....and a cute story!

I know this post is a few days late, but I wanted to share a few Valentine's pictures.


Jocelyn with her Valentines Day card that she got for Dad.
Mom and Jocelyn before school

Mom and Dad with Jocelyn in her cute Valentine's Day pajamas

So, every year on Valentines Day, without fail, Derek will "claim" that he "left work late" or "got stuck in traffic".  When all he is doing is joining the masses of men choosing a Valentines Day card for their significant other LAST MINUTE!  Then, Derek will either sit in the parking lot of the store, or in our driveway and frantically write a message in his card.  This happens every year.  Of course, like most women, I picked out my card several weeks ago and painstakingly read each card to find the right one.  This year, I guess he was really in a hurry because this is what he wrote in my card....(just part of it) "I am truly blessed to have such a loving, caring MOM as yourself"???? Was he writing this card to me or his mom??  When he gave it to me, I read it and just died laughing.  When I read it back to him, he was like "oh, oops...you know what I mean".  Anyways, I thought that was funny enough to share.

Jocelyn's first Valentines Day card to Mom.  It even apologizes for Dad getting "stuck in traffic".  Go figure!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That's too funny! I laughed with Devin when we went to Target several weeks before V-Day and saw a group of ladies picking out cards. I told him it will be all men they day of. Sure enough I went the grocery store Valentine's Day and saw the men in a panic (not even reading the cards might I add). Got to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT story...made me laugh out loud. So true!

    ReplyDelete